Re: live-eval CD just with minimal config

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:46:37PM +0200, Dennis Wecker wrote:
> i'm searching for a cd like knoppix but just with a minimal X and gcc
> compiler. and the cd shoud not write any files to my hdd. any ideas?

You can roll your own with bootcd:

 Copy your running Debian System on CD with the command bootcdwrite.  If
 your system has no CD-Writer you can build a bootcd via NFS on a remote
 System with CD-Writer. When you run your system from CD you do not need
 any disks. All changes will be done in ram. To reuse this changes at
 next boottime you can save them on FLOPPY with the command
 bootcdflopcp. If booting from your CD-drive is not supported, booting
 from FLOPPY is possible. It is possible to install a new system from
 the running CD with the command bootcd2disk. Bootcd2disk can also find
 a target disk, format it and make it bootable automatically.

Regards, David

--
Signaturen sind wie Frauen. Man findet selten eine Vernuenftige
	-- gesehen in at.linux