Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 08:13:37PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:41:19AM +0200, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
> > Of course you do, because you don't understand what /hurd is about. It
> > is about the Hurd server binaries, which are started by users and should
> > not be hidden in a directory like /lib/you/cant/find/me/.
>
> So they should be in /bin?

No, because they should not be in the PATH.  As I have said before:

'You don't want them to be visible in /bin because running them on the
 command line the normal way fails with "Must be started as translator."'

You seem to be only interesting in arguing and provoking, rather than in
determining what makes sense or doesn't.  If you would at least pretend that
the differences between all those programs interest you it would be much
more fun to clue you into the details.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de