Re: Work-needing packages report for May 17, 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:35:12PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> > When I'm in the console, I prefer running zgv foo.jpg to switching over to
> > X and starting an image viewer from there. The latter has just too much
> > overhead.
>
> Framebuffer is the right way to do this, not svgalib.

Last I checked, using framebuffer meant using that hideous 80x50 mode or
what was it. I guess that could be adjusted, though. In addition to that,
switching consoles and scrolling was noticeably slower, and the screen had
a tendency to flicker.

So, let's have framebuffer first fixed, and then think about replacing
svgalib with it? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.