Re: gnome-panel2, gnome-session2?

They are in the experimental distribution.  That's more or less filled
with stuff that has an extremely high chance of breaking (yes, my GNOME2
desktop does break fairly often - broken right now after the last
update, even).

Also, the packages are not to be in Woody so they are kept out of the
usual package.  If GNOME2 versions of software appeared in unstable,
then no fixes to the gnome1 versions can be pushed into testing if an RC
bug is found (sort of - that's a simplified explanation).

So, in short, no, no GNOME2 in Sid/Woody.  The latest release
announcement for GNOME2 Beta5 has the apt-source for experimental if
you're feeling masochistic, however.  ^,^