Re: Info dir file violates policy section 13.2 ?

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Guillem Jover wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen that /usr/info/dir has not been moved to /usr/share/info/dir.
> I think this file should be considered an info file, and thus should follow
> the policy regarding info docs. I don't know if it's too late to do the
> changes to the proper packages as they are in base, are essential and
> woody is frozen.

This was fixed in dpkg 1.10, months ago, which exists in cvs HEAD.  However,
we were already frozen, so it wasn't uploaded.

> I think that serious bugs should be filed, but wanted confirmation because
> i'm not sure if it's appropriate at this time of the freeze.
> Please enlighten me :)

If you file bugs, they will be downloaded to important, and merged with all
the other bugs filed about this against dpkg.  Please, look at existing
reports before jumping to such conclusions(the bugs in the bts are marked
pending)