Re: BTS improvements (was: Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

Previously Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	We really should have the RC list generated by bugscan, with a
>  overrides file (we already have this) controlled by the RM -- and
>  that list should then be the official list for RC bugs.

That was the procedure for slink and potato. Anthony has write access to
the bugscan overrides file but he is not using it.

I agree with Adam that it doesn't make sense to store this data outside
the BTS. We really should think about what we want the BTS to do. Things
I can think of are:

* keep track of package versions and which distribution they are in
  so we can check if a bug is fixed in a specific distribution
* reconsider if forwarded needs to be a tag with extra data or a
  seperate flag
* simple API to efficiently access its data
* proper MIME support
* integrate bugscan(-like) functionality into a report feature

Wichert.