Re: Woody upgrade experience

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:29:58PM +0200, Claus Fischer wrote:
> Good to know it's that easily solved, although <stupid>me</stupid>
> doesn't quite realize why the default server should be changed when
> the question is not asked. But this is the 3.3.6 packages, so don't
> bother.

XFree86 is not the sort of thing that is amendable to completely
automatic configuration.  If you refuse to let debconf ask you questions
about it, there are no guarantees that it will guess correctly.

> : apt-get install x-window-system
>
> The missing 'fixed' font occurred on the new computer.
> Could be I didn't install the whole X window system
> correctly before upgrading to woody; I sure didn't configure
> it. Or could be the upgrade itself was not correct. I can't
> completely reconstruct the situation, so please take that
> cum grano salis.

If the above package is installed you should have the "fixed" font, as
well as other things one would expect in an X Window System
installation.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Ignorantia judicis est calamitas