Re: new draft release announcement

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:01:19PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:32:56PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > [1] "apt-cache search grammar" only finds compiler generators;
> > guess nobody has written or packaged a grammar checker yet.
> > So I used MS Word 2000 to check it. Sorry about that, only
> > tool I had on hand.

> I can't find any grammar checkers at all on google that are free.

Let me know when you find a good grammar checker that /isn't/ free,
either.  The one most people use -- MS Word's -- commits many of the
errors that are commonly found in such things, as well as introducing a
few of its own (failing to understand the period as anything other than
end-of-sentence punctuation, for instance).

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer