Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

Hi all,
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:30:20AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> Yes, policy does say what you say it does.  That's not at issue.  However,
> blindly filing bugs, without full understanding of the ramifications, will
> very quickly get you severly larted.

BTW bugs stand: we agree on the fact that they are policy violations, OTOH
they are not RC. I'm not sure that they shold have been closed.
IMHO we should handle them, in a different way though.

Bugs have to be reopened with a whislst or minor priority. Maintainers should
fix them, or explain why the package processed has this bug. If problem does
not belong to the package, the bug should be reassigned to ftp-master or other
package to have a track and let us fix them later.

Second issue: Thomas showed some flows (serious or not) in his application to
be a maintainer, but to me he showed ethusiasm and will to help in QA as well.
We should not lart Thomas, but encourage him to learn more, and get in to help
in the right way.

I feel that we lacks developers with a real will of contriuting Debian.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have