Re: new draft release announcement

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 10:15:28AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > The Debian Project is pleased to announce the latest release of Debian
> > > GNU/Linux, version 3.0. Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system,
> > > developed by nearly a thousand volunteers from all over the world who
> > > collaborate via the Internet. Debian's dedication to free software, its
> > > non-profit nature, and its open development model make it unique among
> > > Linux distributions.
> >
> > Um, still substitute "GNU/Linux" for "Linux" in the last line.
>
> There are exist linux distributions which
>
> a) do not have GNU in their name
> b) do not have GNU in their source code (really!)
>
> It would be misleading and confusing to limit this comparison only to
> the maybe 2 other linux distributions that don't meet a. or b.
>
> This has already been discussed.

I disagree with you, but I don't want to get in a flamewar. Could we
change it to "among other distributions"? Then we are both happy and I
think it's pretty clear that we mean distributions of (GNU/)Linux.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org