Re: No LVM in Woody (Was: writing a release announcement)

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 11:00:17AM +0100, Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:48:36AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > > LVM is not included, because lvm-common fails to build on sparc.  See
> > > bug #143407.  I suggested removing the sparc binaries, but got no
> > > response from the maintainer. :-(
> >
> > Expect 1-day NMU until tomorrow, if the patch in the report works. I will
> > try to test it.
>
> LVM does work on SPARC, I have it running here (though build from source
> rather than the debs) and have set up LVM on sparc64 systems.  Builing
> lvm-common using the lvm.h file from the latest release should file the
> compile problem. Also the tools segfaulting should have been fixed a while
> ago - it was caused by them being build -pg

I have only tried the Debian packages on SPARC.  If they are not up to date
with upstream's latest release, then that needs to be fixed, especially if
it fixes important bugs like this.  There was a new version uploaded this
month, so I don't understand why it would be out of date...

--
 - mdz