Re: Woody release security round-up

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 12:38:23PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > As part of my position as security secretary, I have been tracking
> > security issues that affect Debian.  For bugs affecting stable, I have
> > been tracking the same bugs in woody, and also bugs which only affect
> > woody.
>
> The netscape* packages have various security issues, too (zlib, Flash,
> Java bytecode verifier, and so on).  Shall I submit bug reports, or can we
> pull the package from the archive?  I don't think we can expect security
> fixes in a reasonable timeframe.

I haven't been worrying much about non-free at this point.  Folks who run
closed-source software are putting security in someone else's hands, and
that someone is not Debian.

You should definitely submit bug reports so that these problems can be
tracked, regardless of how they are handled.  Please remember to use the
"security" tag in your reports.

--
 - mdz