Re: writing a release announcement

>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 Branden> On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 12:06:56AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> We are far better at being compliant with FHS 2.2, except that
 >> we have /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (the -4 violates 2.2).

The sections in question are:

  3.7.5 /etc/X11 : Configuration for the X Window System (optional)

    3.7.5.1 Purpose

   /etc/X11 is the location for all X11 host-specific configuration. This
   directory is necessary to allow local control if /usr is mounted read
   only.

    3.7.5.2 Specific Options

   The following files, or symbolic links to files, must be in /etc/X11 if
   the corresponding subsystem is installed:

   | Xconfig    | The configuration file for early versions of XFree86      |
   |            | (optional)                                                |
   |------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
   | XF86Config | The configuration file for XFree86 versions 3 and 4       |
   |            | (optional)                                                |
   |------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
   | Xmodmap    | Global X11 keyboard modification file (optional)          |

                                Table 3.7.5.2.2
       discuss".
the FHS editor or a listed contributor.
       7.6  Contributors

       Brandon S. Allbery   <bsa@kf8nh.wariat.org>
       Keith Bostic         <bostic@cs.berkeley.edu>
       Drew Eckhardt        <drew@colorado.edu>
       Rik Faith            <faith@cs.unc.edu>
       Stephen Harris       <sweh@spuddy.mew.co.uk>
       Ian Jackson          <ijackson@cus.cam.ac.uk>
       John A. Martin       <jmartin@acm.org>
       Ian McCloghrie       <ian@ucsd.edu>
       Chris Metcalf        <metcalf@lcs.mit.edu>
       Ian Murdock          <imurdock@debian.org>
       David C. Niemi       <niemidc@clark.net>
       Daniel Quinlan       <quinlan@pathname.com>
       Eric S. Raymond      <esr@thyrsus.com>
       Rusty Russell        <rusty@rustcorp.com.au>
       Mike Sangrey         <mike@sojurn.lns.pa.us>
       David H. Silber      <dhs@glowworm.firefly.com>
       Thomas Sippel-Dau    <t.sippel-dau@ic.ac.uk>
       Theodore Ts'o        <tytso@athena.mit.edu>
       Stephen Tweedie      <sct@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
       Fred N. van Kempen   <waltje@infomagic.com>
       Bernd Warken         <bwarken@mayn.de>

	manoj

--
 Promptness is its own reward, if one lives by the clock instead of
 the sword.