Re: No LVM in Woody (Was: writing a release announcement)

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:48:36AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > LVM is not included, because lvm-common fails to build on sparc.  See
> > bug #143407.  I suggested removing the sparc binaries, but got no
> > response from the maintainer. :-(
>
> Expect 1-day NMU until tomorrow, if the patch in the report works. I will
> try to test it.

LVM does work on SPARC, I have it running here (though build from source rather
than the debs) and have set up LVM on sparc64 systems.
Builing lvm-common using the lvm.h file from the latest release
should file the compile problem. Also the tools segfaulting should have been
fixed a while ago - it was caused by them being build -pg

--

patrick