Re: draft release announcement

* Thomas Bushnell, BSG (tb@becket.net) wrote :
> Thom May <thom@debian.org> writes:
>
> > A press release is supposed to attract more users for Debian. Do we have
> > to hold onto political correctness throughout the text?
>
> We aren't "holding on to political correctness".  We're just using a
> name--the name we've been using for a gajillion years.

A name which most non-Debian users may not be particular aware of. The
release uses "GNU/Linux" every time it mentions Debian so we're not
changing anything there.
-Thom

--
Thom May -> thom@debian.org

<aj> *sigh* you'd think a distribution composed of 6000
packages distributed across 13 different architectures (in various stages
between pre-alpha and release quality), maintained by 700 amateurs with often
conflicting goals who're globally distributed and have rarely met each other
-- you'd think a distribution like that would be simpler...