Re: draft release announcement

* Jeroen Dekkers (jeroen@dekkers.cx) wrote :
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 02:39:17PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > The Debian Project is pleased to announce the latest release of the
> > Debian GNU/Linux Operating System. Debian GNU/Linux is a free Linux
>          ^^^^^^^^^                          ^^^^^^^^^           ^^^^^
> > system. It is developed by nearly a thousand volunteers from all over
> > the world who collaborate via the Internet. Debian's dedication to
> > free software, its non-profit nature, and its open development model
> > make it unique among Linux distributions.
> 		       ^^^^^
> It should be "GNU/Linux system" and "GNU/Linux distributions".

Are you called "the Dutch RMS" because you just ape his pronouncements
verbatim?

Or do you actually have the ability to make valuable contributions, as
opposed to the self promotion and ego pandering that most of your emails
to this mailing list seem to be?

As many people have pointed out, if we're allocating blame^Wcredit here,
it should be GNU/Apache/X/Open/MIT/BSD/Others (in no particular order)
Linux.

Cheers,
-Thom

--
Thom May -> thom@debian.org

<alp> proprietary software is kind of love/hate by definition. you
      love the vendor for giving you a useful software tool, but
      hate them when you find out that the tool is bug-riddled and
      you'll have to pay for an upgrade. In that respect, free software
      is pure love, i guess. heh