How to flag that a new package fixes a bug (#143909)

Hello,

I just followed the suggestion of the bug reporter of bug #143909
to rename libgtkimreg to libgtkimreg0.  Now Debian installer says
that libgtkimreg0 is new and the bug of libgtkimreg will not be
closed (at least not as fast as I would like to get it into woody).

Any hint how to get the new package instelled soon (it's just the
same upstream source). No relevant change despite the suggested
name change.

Kind regards

         Andreas.