Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Your Packages (But Were Afraid to Ask)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 01:46:48PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 03:53:30PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > > No matter, I was forgetting the we have already BTS and /devel/people
> > > for example. :)
> >
> > Besides, you should be using spamassassin instead of trying to hide your
> > email address anyways :)
>
> Wrong approach for those with modems and pay-per-minute setups.
>

> > For me, very little actual spam has slipped by it, and the few false
> > positives it's found I don't care about anyways (like people without a
> > clue posting HTML mail to the rsync list with no MX for the From:
> > domain).
>
> Spambouncer and spamassasin are great tools, and they rarely produce false
> positives.  But where bandwidth is limited through technical or financial
> hurdles, they're not enough.

Nothing will protect you from this; as noted, the information is available
elsewhere on Debian's website, as well. If it is a financial burden, then
the only useful method of appeal is probably through legal redress (either
legislative or judiciary, depending on your system; some may support forms
of executive as well :)

Seriously - hiding from it only delays matters, and not that long. I have
addresses that have *never* been published, anywhere; their sole purpose
is to spam-trap. And they get multiple spams, every day.