Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Your Packages (But Were Afraid to Ask)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:06:08PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Nice script!

Thanks.

> I know this is just a  quick-and-dirty,  but  here  are  a  couple  of
> suggestions to put a bit of polish on it without too much effort:
>
> If it could drop the link to excuse if there isn't one, that would  be
> a nice touch (the jump to a nonexistent anchor makes it hard to see at
> a glance, and the list is lengthy so you need to wait a  while  before
> you know for sure there is no excuse).
[...]
> Then only output the link if found.

I have enhanced the script by uploading update_excuses and  extract  all
packages excuses into single file. I converted links to and I  think  it
is pretty well.
Now there is the link to excuse only if there is one.
More there is a link on buildd package related page only if the  package
is not Architecture: all stamped.

> In the Sorted developer list, four out of seven columns are devoted to
> non-free or contrib. Thus, the table is dominated by non-main  package
> listings (and these columns are mostly  0  anyway).  Perhaps  consider
> these columns instead:
>
> main	non-US	other	total
>
> If you feel you must list separate stats in "other", put them  in  the
> same column, but with a delimiter between, e.g. column header (or  2nd
> line of header) is "c,n,cn,nn" and value is "0,0,0,0".

I took your suggestion and update the  script  with  it.  I  prefered  a
single value per column with an  explanation  (other:  all  contrib  and
non-free packages).

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Cheers.
--