Re: [PORPOSAL] The current NM process impairs Debian quality

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 07:55:57PM +0200, Manfred Wassmann wrote:
>
> > bugs because they were already involved.  Then I tried to get listed on
> > the sponsor site again, but it was broken and nobody seemed to care.  So I
> > increased the severity of an appropriate bug and tagged it help so that
> > some developer, who actually has time to do the upload, would be notified.
>
> debian-mentors or here is probably a better bet.  Artificially raising
> the severity of the bug is as likely to get the package pulled as it is
> to cause someone to help.

But IMHO the packages had to get updated or pulled, not because of
that single bug, but in combination with other issues they were rather
useless, because a majority of the supported printers wouldn't work
anymore.  These problems were solved in an updated package which simply
didn't get uploaded.  And I was very busy myself, so I decided that having
an RC bug open on would solve the problem one way or another.

regards manolo