Re: Can woody-dpkg exclude directory subtrees from being installed?

W liście z śro, 24-04-2002, godz. 21:27, David Starner pisze:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:06:43PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > You can always take the localepurge approach, and remove these directories
> > after dpkg runs, until this feature is implemented in mainstream dpkg.
>
> The problem is stuff like bug #139796, where stuff doesn't work right if
> you remove the man directory. We really need is policy about the locale
> files and man files saying the same thing as with /usr/share/doc, that
> it can be deleted by the sysadmin and stuff has to deal with it.

I have one machine (firewall) with 80GB HDD.
After I install/upgrade any package I run sth like

rm `find /usr/share/doc /usr/share/man /usr/share/locale`

It desn't touch dirs, only files and doesn't seem to cause any
problems. it's a hack - of course.

Cheers,

					Grzegorz Prokopski

PS: Anone knows how does the Woody scale? Is the minimal install
much bigger (or maybe smaller? ;-) than potato?