Re: Can woody-dpkg exclude directory subtrees from being installed?

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:06:43PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> You can always take the localepurge approach, and remove these directories
> after dpkg runs, until this feature is implemented in mainstream dpkg.

The problem is stuff like bug #139796, where stuff doesn't work right if
you remove the man directory. We really need is policy about the locale
files and man files saying the same thing as with /usr/share/doc, that
it can be deleted by the sysadmin and stuff has to deal with it.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.