Re: Heimdal vs. Kerberos4kth

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 11:28:08AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Hello,

> I am getting into all sorts of problems trying to keep kerberos4kth
> support in Heimdal.

> If I keep it, I get grave bug reports that the package cannot get built
> because of a build loop with kerberos4kth.

> If I remove it, I get grave bug reports complaining that kerberos4kth is
> no longer supported.

> 1. Drop kerberos4kth support for now. My favorite ;-). However,
> this might break other packages like Arla.

Well, while I can see why some users would have an interest in continued
support for kerberos4, I don't see how filing bugs with grave severity
over the matter is anything other than bug inflation.  If getting the
package to build right is that much of an issue, then IMHO it's more
important that the package do a few things well than try to do many
things and do them poorly.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer