Re: libsafe and Debian installation

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 13:48, David Starner wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 01:37:18PM -0400, Shaya Potter wrote:
> > There are multiple "easy" things for debian users to do that can give
> > them more security.
>
> And libsafe shouldn't have to be one of them. Debian should fix the
> heart of the problem instead.

and how do you recommend debian goes about doing that?  I never said we
should force libsafe on users, we should make the methods known, and
libsafe doesn't seem to be a bad thing to bring to the attention of our
users.

why are you so anti libsafe?  I never said debian should force it down
peoples throats, I think debian should make all the packages that
provide "easy" security to users known to them.