Re: C++ ...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 05:07:56PM +0200, Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
>     I want to understand why the specific said: "C++ immature" ...
>
>         http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/gLSB/gLSB/cppmapping.html

The ABI (Application Binary Inteface) for C++ is still in flux.  A
standard has been established for C++ name mangling, exception
handling, vtable layout, etc -- but there isn't a released GCC that
properly implements it.

>     Would KDE be excluded based on this immaturity ?

No.  If an application was using KDE interfaces and wanted to become
an LSB 1.1 Compliant Application, the application would need to ship
any KDE libraries required for that application to run in a
application-specific library directory.

If you're talking about including KDE in the LSB, yes - this lack of
C++ ABI stability will block any C++ library from being included in
the LSB.

Cheers,

Matt