Re: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs

From: Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org>
Subject: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:26:47 -0500

> After somewhat more rigorous testing on some larger documents it appears that
> we run into the default pool sizes of LaTeX.  I'm not sure where exactly the
> boundary lies, but the debian-policy (350K) is definitely too big to be turned
> into a PDF document; the PS version can be generated without a problem.
>
> The culprit is the added support for the complete ISO character entity set.
> This is done (amongst others) by using the 'amssymb' LaTeX package which
> takes up a lot of space.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what to do.  I could take out the support for the ISO
> character entities requiring the offending LaTeX package for now so we can
> at least have all this working for woody and resolve the problem with the
> appropriate authoritives on Debian's LaTeX packages in woody+1.
>
> Any other thoughts?

If tetex-bin >= 1.0.7+20011202-5.1 then it might help you
to add /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90boot (or something appropriate
name) which containes the line

pool_size = 500000

(or similar) and run update-texmf.

Sorry if the problem is completely different from what I guessed.

Best regards,			2002.4.22.

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.