Latest sendmail broken on testing?

This is sendmail version 8.12.3-4, gotten in last night's dist-upgrade
(testing), which ran without any errors.

1st issue:
----------
sendmailconfig aborts with the message:
   /usr/sbin/sendmailconfig: /usr/sbin/update_conf: No such file or
   directory

Output of "dpkg -S update_conf" reveals:
   sendmail: /usr/share/sendmail/update_conf

and there really is an "update_conf" file there, and *not* in /usr/sbin.

Shall I file a bug? Or just make a symlink in /usr/sbin and get on with
it?

2nd issue:
----------

During the upgrade, I was warned about both SASL and OpenSSL (TLS) not
installed, so no support would be configured. But since then I've been
getting a *lot* of log hits from sendmail fumbling with these 2 items
and not finding anything, so apparently they *were* configured in after
all? Not what the "installer" said, and not what I want.

(Actually, it was while trying to get rid of these log entries that I
found the sendmailconfig breakage).

Again, shall I file a bug on this 2nd issue?

Thanks

--
Carlos Sousa