Re: Technical Committee: decision on #119517?

Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> As Brian has made it clear that he does not wish to follow either
> suggestion made by Dale Scheetz (splitting the package or changing the
> Depends:) to ensure all executables supplied in the package run as
> expected, ...

While I have stated that I do not like the idea of splitting the
package, I would like to avoid speculating on the specific course of
action I would take should changes be found necessary.

For what it is worth, I have not asked the Technical Committee for a
specific solution; rather, I have asked them to rule on whether the
package, as it stands, is in violation of policy.  Branden thinks it
is, I think it is not.  Each of us can find other Debian developers who
share his point of view.

Since nobody in authority has informed me that my package is in
violation of policy, I have assumed that it is okay as is and the matter
has been decided by a "failure to rule" on the request.  Certainly, some
sort of time limit should be established for making these decisions.
Otherwise, the debate and discussion drags on and on, without end.
Personally, I have better things to do with my time than rehash my
arguments, all of which I have stated several times on the lists
already.

- Brian