Re: Orphaned packages in testing which were never in stable

Hi

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:53:00AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:08:10AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > I have this sneaking suspicion that we need a tool more appropriate than
> > the BTS to handle the WNPP.  The BTS seems rather fragile for this
> > purpose - the format for bug titles and to a greater extent the way
> > followups for bug reports are handled (not going to the bug sumbitter)
> > both seem rather fragile and aren't really handled all that well by the
> > mechanisms normally used when interacting with the BTS.
>
> Yes. Using the BTS for this purpose is ridiculously complicated, far
> from intuitive, and prone to breakage. If only someone were to write
> something better. :)

One solution is to have four separate wnpp packages so you
can reassign them instead of retitle it. It is at least a bit
more intuitive and a bit less error prone.

If should be fairly easy to convert from wnpp to o, ita, rfp and rfa.

Regards,

// Ola

> --
> Mike Stone
>

> --

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |