Re: Please test this woody cd image

#include <hallo.h>
Matt Zimmerman wrote on Wed Apr 10, 2002 um 09:26:45PM:

> Do you follow those distributions' user and support mailing lists?  I
> certainly don't, so I've no idea who can or can't install them.  What I do

Oh, please stop talking about theoretical issues without any real
evidence.

> hear quite often is "the only thing that would install was Debian [and
> NetBSD]".

Yeah, often talking about their most broken machines, where people did
manage to install using Debian _floppy_ disks. Does not count here.

> A search on lists.debian.org shows:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/debian-boot-200111/msg00016.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/debian-boot-200108/msg00258.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/debian-boot-200108/msg00260.html
>
> and nothing else ever.  The couple of messages in 200108 are all musing and

As said before, show me ONE failure report (where the failure is
definitely caused by isolinux). I guess you CANNOT.

> no code or testing.  Last August would have been a good time to start
> experimenting with this if it was intended for woody.

Did YOU help introducing ANY new features in boot-floppies? I18n? Kernel
2.4, other filesystems, RAID support, lots of bugfixes in the existing
code, etc.  etc.? Either you can continue your mission of distruction,
or you stop crying about lost time. If we should work out and discuss
every feature (needing some weeks), then test it some months, we won't
release Woody before 2003.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Eingedeutschte Fehlermeldungen sind doch etwas
schoenes: "Kein Weltraum links auf dem Geraet"