Re: Debian Conference 2 Registration

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 04:01:46PM -0500, Joe Drew wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 15:03, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Joe Drew wrote:
> > > Let me re-iterate this for people who might not have gotten the message:
> > >
> > > LINDOWS.COM HAS SPENT REAL MONEY ON DEBCONF 2 AND DESERVES SUPPORT, NOT
> > > SCORN.
> >
> > While I don't want to squeze lindows support, I have to interpret
> > this statement like "Joey, shut up!  Somebody has spent real money
> > on Debconf and supporting it on non-free stuff, including license
> > fees to a well-known Redmond based company, they deserve support
> > for it".  Well, it doesn't make me feel better, I have to admit.
>
> No. This is directed at the people who would mail root@lindows.com with
> mesages like "Go home proprietary l0s0rz! j00 are l4m3! Debian doesn't
> need you! Signed, me@debian.org"
>
> Sorry if it seemed that way, Joey.

Well, it seems to me like you're implying there would be
people@debian.org that would be so lame that they would not know the
difference between criticizing what can be very easily criticized (i.e., this
infamous IIS server) and directly attacking someone like a script kiddie
would do.  Frankly, I expect more of my fellow developers, and I think
you should, too.

Also, it is amazing that pretty much no one else has showed disapproval
of this.  Come on, people, there is no way in the world you can convince
yourselves logically that it is okay to host a registration form in an
IIS server because "we" were given money.  I believe principles are more
important than money.

Just my $0.02.

--
Carlos Laviola   <claviola@debian.org>