Re: Please test this woody cd image

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:33:00PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote on Wed Apr 10, 2002 um 10:45:35AM:
>
> > On CD *1*?  Surely you don't plan to introduce new features in such a core
> > component mere weeks before the scheduled release?  There is no way that it
>
> Why not? Weeks != days.

10 days != long enough to test a completely different _primary_ way of
booting the installation system.

> Why not use _exactly_ this on the first CD, and pure idepci on 5th CD (for
> the few cases where isolinux may break though I have _never_ heard about
> problems with isolinux).

Sure, once it has been proven to work _for Debian_ on a wide variety of
systems.  It would have been a great idea a couple of months ago.  Why did
you wait until there was so much pressure to finish the release?

> And sorry, IMHO is idepci the worst kernel-image to be used for CD#1 as
> the only available flavor.

It seems to work for a large number of users, and that is its only job, is
it not?

--
 - mdz