Re: Subversion packages

* Marcelo E. Magallon (mmagallo@debian.org) wrote :
> Hi,
>
> >> Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk@debian.org> writes:
>
> > 	1) that directory isn't apt-gettable, the Packages.gz file is
> > 	   missing... try "deb http://people.debian.org/~ssmeenk/ ./" for
> > 	   an aptable version :)
>
>     http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/subversion/ sid/i386/
>
>  should work.
>
> > 	2) subversion-{server,client} depends on apache2-modules, but the
> > 	   newly released apache2 packages by thom do not provide
> > 	   apache2-modules, they are somewhere in the apache2 package.
> > 	   You can safely --force-depends install the packages though...
>
>  nope, the client doesn't, only the server.  And the depencency is
>  probably my mistake, I didn't actually search for something like an
>  apache2 policy...

Ahahahahaha.... :) A what? ;-)
This is a fairly nebulous document right now ( as i've not had time to write
it. Been trying to get the packages in shape so I'd have something to write
about ;-) ) It is coming soon. Basically, you should be depending on apache2
- apache2-modules was scrapped for being pointless.

> > Now let's lart Thom for compiling apache2 against libdb3, instead of
> > libdb4, which renders subversion unusable :)
>
>  Again, I don't know about this...

I'm pretty unhappy about the LARTing ;-)

Cheers,
-Thom