Re: sid: libc6-2.2.5-4 kills vmware workstation 3.0

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 03:45:26PM +0000, Wilmer van der Gaast <lintux@bigfoot.com> was heard to say:
> Jeroen Dekkers@lists.debian-devel@Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:30:54 +0200:
> >  And yes, I think vmware is a waste of processing power and
> >  bandwith. Those posts also waste my time.
> >
> Writing these posts probably takes (wastes) even more time.
>
> >  I got GNU/Linux to boot on plex86.
> >
> It'll reduce my XP1700+'s power to a K6/400, I'm told. What's the fun in
> that? Not to mention a complete emulator like Bochs..

  I'd be happy if I could get one of these free [0] emulators/virtualizers
to run that quickly; that would be quite usable for work and
(especially non-graphical) experimentation, although obviously not heavy
computation :)

  Daniel

  [0] I haven't tried out the non-free ones, so I can't compare.

|                "Don't underestimate the power of the force."                |
|                  -- D. Vader                                                |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/