Re: Apache2 Debian Packages

* Sander Smeenk (ssmeenk@debian.org) wrote :
> Quoting Thom May (thom@debian.org):
> > As those of you who read slashdot know, Apache 2.0 was released last night.
> > deb http://pandora.debian.org/~thom/apache2 ./
>
> Very nice :)   But I have 2 things:
>
> 1) Where's apache2-modules?  Subversion depends on them!

Subversion needs to update :) Happily, I don't have to be back compat, but I
will add a provides for apache2-modules. We scrapped the seperate deb as it
was pointless.

> 2) Why is apache2 compiled against libdb3, and not libdb4?
>    Imho apache2 _must_ be compiled against lidb4, new technology
>    shouldn't rely on old libs ;))

Cos I wanted testers, and didn't feel like answering billions of emails all
saying "Where are libdb4.0 packages?" ;-)
(The odds are that the release packages will be - and some of the earlier
testing packages also were)
Cheers,
-Thom