Re: Debian's problems, Debian's future

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:34:43PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:09:39AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > no. sorry. I must say this:
> >
> >  We can use rsync on the client site.
> >   -> get a rsync-checksum file (use a fix block size)
> >   -> make the check on the client site and
> >   -> download the file partly per ftp/http
> >   -> make the new file with the old and downloaded parts
> >
> > With this the server need only extra rsync-checksum files.
>
> IMHO it's better to make just diffs instead of extra rsync-checksum
> files and then having to download all parts of those files.

you propose to add 'some' diff files for all files on ftp-master.d.o?

With rsync we need only one rsync-checksum file per normal file and
all apt's need only download the neededs parts.

You get the point?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Like sex in high school, everyone's talking about Linux, but is anyone