Re: sid: libc6-2.2.5-4 kills vmware workstation 3.0

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 07:49:49AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:37:31AM +0200, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:47:42PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > > It's your own fault. You choosed to run non-free software, now you get
> > > the consequences. Debian doesn't support vmware, so go somewhere else
> > > with your vmware problems. (Debian does support plex86 and bochs, BTW)
>
> > *sigh*
> > Do you always need to repeat this? Do you really think it's a waste of
> > bandwidth and processing power to let the vmware users discuss a
> > problem caused by a change in _Debian_?
>
> > Even though I haven't tried plex86 and bochs in about a year I've never
> > heard anyone run Windows XP, FreeBSD, etc on any of them.
> > Is it at all possible? Useable?
>
> Since when are Hurd fanatics concerned with minor details like
> usability and productivity?

I've always been, so do all other Hurd developers AFAIK. Why do you
think we don't care about usability and productivity? Or do you just
like spreading lies?

It's actually the other way around, almost all recent development in
the Hurd is to make it more usable. AFAIK the Hurd developers always
have been very productive. We never cared much about speed etc,
because we are more concerned about usability and productivity.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org