Re: GNU FDL

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 03:09:11PM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> > > Documentation isn't software.  Neither are conffiles, icons, etc.
> >
> > When I buy software, all of that is part of what I buy. Foldoc says
> > that one definition of software is "programs plus documentation though
> > this does not correspond with common usage." In any sense interesting to
> > me (and hopefully Debian), icons and the other miscellany that make up a
> > working program are part of that program, and need to be modifiable with
> > it.
>
> So is the Bible "software"?  We ship it in a package, after all.

I believe the Copyright has expired on that one, so it's a moot point.  It
is in the public domain.  Modifications to it are legal - in most courts
at least.  Modify at your own risk software?  =p

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>              glDisable (DX8_CRAP);

 * Equivalent code is available from RSA Data Security, Inc.
 * This code has been tested against that, and is equivalent,
 * except that you don't need to include two pages of legalese
 * with every copy.
        -- public domain MD5 source