Re: [2002-04-06] Release Status Update

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 08:34:45AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 03:17:02PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > Yes, of course. It only says a newer version is in sid, and that it will
> > be considered tomorrow.
>
> It also says:
>
>     Depends: galeon mozilla
>
> galeon 1.2.0-2 depends on mozilla-browser (>= 2:0.9.9), which isn't in
> testing because:
>
> mozilla (2:0.9.8-2 to 2:0.9.9-4)
>     Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
>     3 days old (needed 2 days)
>     out of date on hppa: libnspr-dev, libnspr4, libnss-dev, libnss3, mozilla, mozilla-browser, mozilla-chatzilla, mozilla-dev, mozilla-dom-inspector, mozilla-js-debugger, mozilla-mailnews, mozilla-psm, mozilla-xmlterm (from 2:0.9.9-3)
>     out of date on m68k: libnspr-dev, libnspr4, libnss-dev, libnss3, mozilla, mozilla-browser, mozilla-chatzilla, mozilla-dev, mozilla-dom-inspector, mozilla-js-debugger, mozilla-mailnews, mozilla-psm, mozilla-xmlterm (from 2:0.9.9-3)
>     out of date on sparc: libnspr-dev, libnspr4, libnss-dev, libnss3, mozilla, mozilla-browser, mozilla-chatzilla, mozilla-dev, mozilla-dom-inspector, mozilla-js-debugger, mozilla-mailnews, mozilla-psm, mozilla-xmlterm (from 2:0.9.9-3)
>     mozilla (source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, m68k, powerpc, s390, sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)
>     Not considered

It is now up to date on m68k, and only waiting on hppa and sparc:

   mozilla |  2:0.9.9-3 |      unstable | hppa, sparc

and of course the RC bugs.

> In other words, it's currently mostly mozilla that's broken, not galeon.
> I guess that if mozilla is fixed then galeon may be able to get in during
> the few days' window aj referred to.

And if not...I can only imagine the bad press.  Personally, I would rather
have mozilla (and galeon) on 6 out of 11 architectures than no mozilla at
all, and would consider it an achievement to have that many, given the
complexity of mozilla.

But it seems to be too late for that kind of thing.

--
 - mdz