Re: ITP: arp-fun -- ARP Spoofing utility

>> > What does this package do, that dsniff's 'arpspoof' doesn't ?

>> I know, but I'd like to have it in Debian for the users to be able to
>> choose the one the see fit, as we do in editors, window-managers...
>> I think you know what I mean :-)

I'll consolidate this opinion : last time I really NEEDED dsniff's arpspoof,
it did not work. I don't know why ; maybe it was because my host had many
eth. interfaces, some of them with "redundant" routes and other crap ; but
arpspoof died immediately with a not-very-explicit error message. debugging
with strace first, gdb then, did not yield interesting results, so I gave
up. I would have been VERY PLEASED to have another arp spoofing program
in debian at this time ...

after RAID mirrors, here come "same functionality software" mirroring :-)
so when one package breaks, you can fallback on the other one :-)

regards,
Jerome Petazzoni <skaya at enix dot org>