Re: Debian Conference 2 Registration

Joe Drew wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-04-07 at 04:54, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > To the best of my knowledge, no. But I didn't have time to learn how and
> > > do it, and Lindows.com decided that they wanted to pay one of their
> > > engineers to do it. It's quite simple: nobody else did it, so I took
> > > Lindows.com up on their offer.
> >
> > This is rather unfair, since nobody asked for this type of help.
>
> Actually, I asked for help with specifically this. Nobody actually did
> anything except for Lindows.com.

Hmm, I don't remember any such question but that doesn't have to imply
that there wasn't.  Hence, if you've asked and haven't received any
help, I will apologize for calling your behaviour unfair.

However, I still cannot find a request for help with setting up a
registration site/form on this list, neither including nor excluding
specs, searching from November 2001 until now.

Here's the thread listing from the mailbox, extracted via
'grepmail Drew', which is also available at
<http://master.debian.org/~joey/debconf.mbox>

Mutt 1.3.25i   luonnotar:/tmp/x [27/27 msgs, 4 new, 57K bytes]   (threads)
   1 N   Dec 04 Joe Drew            39 Debconf in Toronto, or lack thereof
   2 N   Dec 04 Jaime E. Villate    22 +->
   3 Ns  Dec 04 Eric Dorland        58 | +->
   4 N   Dec 04 Adam Majer          13 +->
   5 O   Feb 25 Tollef Fog Heen     20 Re: Debconf 2?
   6 O   Feb 25 Joe Drew            21 +->
   7 O   Feb 27 Joe Drew            22   +->
   8 O   Feb 28 Russell Coker       32     +->
   9 O   Feb 28 Joe Drew            23       +->
  10     Mar 01 James A. Treacy     30 Re: Debconf 2 in Toronto: July 6-8th, 2002
  11 O   Mar 03 Matt Zimmerman      19 +->
  12 O   Mar 04 Joe Drew            27   +->
  13 O   Mar 05 Matt Zimmerman      20   | +->
  14 O   Mar 05 Martin Schulze      29   +->
  15 O   Apr 06 Martin Schulze      81 Re: Debian Conference 2 Registration
  16 O   Apr 06 Joe Drew            55 +->
  17 O   Apr 06 Sean 'Shaleh' Per   14   +->
  18 O   Apr 06 Martin Schulze      26   +->
  19 O   Apr 06 Joe Drew            28   | +->
  20 Os  Apr 06 Jeroen Dekkers      70   +->
  21 O   Apr 06 Joe Drew            58     +->
  22 Os  Apr 07 Jeroen Dekkers     102       +->
  23 O   Apr 06 Joe Drew            35       | +->
  24 Os  Apr 07 Jeroen Dekkers      59       |   +->
  25 Os  Apr 06 Nathan E Norman     64       |     +->
  26 O   Apr 07 Martin Schulze      63       +->
  27 O   Apr 07 Joe Drew            46         +->

None of your mails contain a request for help, so I'm wondering where
you sent your request for help.

> Yes, we're Debian. Yes, we're dedicated to Free Software. No, nobody
> else did anything for this. No, I didn't have time to waste. Yes, I care
> about Free Software: but Yes, I care a lot more about getting the job
> done. If having this done on a free software platform was so vitally
> important (as it appears now), it seems to me that someone would have
> stepped forward in this entire discussion to say "Here's a working
> alternative" or even "I would have done it if I were asked." Nobody has.
> Nobody's even suggested they might have done it.

I'd be glad to provide a working alternative, but not earlier than in
three weeks if that's sufficient.  I would have been able to provide
one four weeks ago as well, if you had asked.

> Frankly, this is tiring me out. In reference to nobody in particular, if
> all we're going to do is flame on about Free vs proprietary software for
> the rest of this thread, let's just drop it.

Before dropping, please send clarification to the observation from
above, so I know if I shall apologize or not.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.