Re: Release notes

On Sun, 2002-04-07 at 11:51, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> You also speak of a DVD distribution, while it may be possible, I've
> never heard of someone doing it officially ... better leave it out until
> we actually provide some DVD images ?

John Winters of linuxemporium.co.uk was asking me about this last week,
and has a DVD writer, so seems to be planning to distribute Debian DVDs.

I don't see any harm in making up jigdo files for DVDs --- I don't see
much point having the actual images floating around though, they're too
big & not useful to most people.

It's not going to be a top priority, so even if I do them, they'll
probably be after the dust settles after the CD stampede, and I'll need
to liaise with a few people that actually have burners to test
bootability etc.  Of course, DVDs are definitely something that need
multiboot, since you only get one.

Of course, if loads of people with DVD writers mail me, I'm likely to be
persuaded to make some beta DVDs before the release, so we can check
bootability before the event.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/