Re: how-to push a package in testing ?

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 02:42:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 01:56:07PM -0500, christophe barb? wrote:
> > I see two solutions :
> > . upgrade of libusb and packages depending on it
>
> The packages (by source) appear to be:
>
>     kdegraphics (arm)
>     sane-backends (alpha, mips, buggy)
>     sane-frontends (alpha, ia64)
>     gphoto2 (arm)
>     xsane
>     gtktiemu -> libticables3, libticalcs3, libti68k
>     tilp
>     libgpio
>     pencam
>
> sane-backends has two RC bugs, one of which has been open for more than a
> week. 139509 appears like it should get sane-backends to build on mips; it's
> not clear what'll fix it on alpha, but that needs to happen too.
>
> sane-frontends has a versioned build-dependency on libc6-dev, which makes
> it fail on alpha and ia64, since those architectures use libc6.1-dev (which
> provides: libc6-dev).
>
> gphoto2 doesn't build correctly on arm, see:
> 	http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=arm&pkg=gphoto2&ver=2.0final-3

This seems to be a problem with jade :

jade: relocation error: jade: undefined symbol: _ZN12MessageType2C...

Is jade uptodate on the arm machine ?

> kdegraphics seems to need a newer version of gphoto2 to be built on arm
> before it will work.
>
> There may be other packages which need to be upgraded at the same time
> as libusb. All of them need to be built on all architectures and free
> of release critical bugs for this to happen.

Would it be possible to remove gphoto2 from testing ?
It is currently broken (90% users use usb which is broken).

Christophe

> Cheers,
> aj
>
> --
> Anthony Towns <aj@humbug.org.au> <http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/>
> I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG signed mail preferred.
>
>   ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
>        toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey

Dogs come when they're called;
cats take a message and get back to you later. --Mary Bly