Re: something about libgd1 of debian

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, pigfoot wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:56:37AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > And if you want to build other packages against those two you should grab
> > the newest Sid package built yesterday - Joey Hess spotted an error in the
> > shlib file not referring to those -noxpm packages.
> >
> > Expect next package of analog and other packages depending on libg or
> > libgd2 to be installable without X libraries :-)
> >

>   Thanks all, i get the answer.
>
>   BTW, is it a better suggestion that cvsgraph depends on either libgd1 or
> libgd[1|2]-noxpm?

It will happen automagically the next time cvsgraph is rebuilt against the
new libgd-dev (thanks to the helpful hint from Joey Hess).

If you want to see it happen for the Woody release, go ahead and write a
wishlist bugreport for your favourite libgd-dependend package.

According to aptitude (I don't know how to do with apt-find or dpkg) the
following packages use libgd:

libgd-perl (done!)
netsaint
http-analyze
webalizer
rscheme
python-gd
php4-gd
nut-cgi
mrtg
modlogan
linuxconf
libg20
libbogl-dev
gdtclft
cvsgraph
analog
libcgicg1-dev (done!)

And the following packages depend on libgd2:

php4-gd2
ntop (done!)
libgd-ruby

And these depend on libgd-perl:

rmagic (done!)
logtrend-visuapache
libgd-text-perl (done!)
libgd-graph-perl (done!)
libchart-perl
bioperl
ipac-ng
diablo
ipac
faqomatic

"depends on libgd" doesn't necessarily mean they are compiled against the
library, so either a simple rebuild is necessary or changing the Depends
manually.

Similarly, the following packages might use a change of Depends for
"libgd-perl | libgd-perl-noxpm" (or the other way around - the first one
mentioned has highest priority and if XPM is really not needed it should
prefer the noxpm version):

 - Jonas

--
Feel free to quote me wherever. I usually post on d-private because that's
where most developers are. Sadly there's no similar _public_ spot!

Jonas Smedegaard (+45 40843136)          http://dr.jones.dk/~jonas/
Spiff ApS (= IT-guide dr. Jones ApS)     http://dr.jones.dk/
Debian GNU/Linux developer               http://people.debian.org/~js/