Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:51:40PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:49:29PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > Give it up - you obviously did not read the other posts.
>
> Actually I've been following the thread closely. You also claimed it was
> useless (speaking as someone who would have no cause to use such a
> program) and that it's a trivial script that everyone should write
> (because everyone has the time and skill to reinvent the wheel) and it's
> the newcomer, and therefore it should be subject to scrutiny that
> existing packages aren't. Anything I missed?

I thought (or at least wanted to say) that there are a bunch of useless of
packages in Debian because they are trivial scripts.

I don't think I ever said that "it's the newcomer, and therefore it should
be subject to scrutiny that existing packages aren't".

And it appears you missed the entire deal with Packages and slow machines
which was what I wanted to say in the first place. ie. number of packages
exploding and dpkg can't handle it. blah blah blah. I don't have
an argument against mencal not being allowed since it's dpkg that's
screwing low end systems... So I have to get to work :)

Read that thread for an explanation why I mysteriously started
this thing in the first place.

- Adam

PS. Someone said before about running a mirror for a low end machine,
which in my case would solve the problem but it would not solve the
problem of people that only have a low end system. Hence that
solution does not make too much sense for everyone.