Re: about the debian way

On 17-Mar-02, 16:39 (CST), Joel Baker <lucifer@lightbearer.com> wrote:

> Interesting (if minor) point that I've found obnoxious to deal with on some
> upgrades: things in /etc/cron.d that generate diffs cause *both* to get run
> by default.

Really? This is a bug, if so. Because the code that checks /etc/cron.d/
is supposed to skip files containing a '.', just like run-parts. And
during an upgrade, changed conffiles should be named 'foo.dpkg-new' (or
foo.dpkg-dist, after the upgrade finishes), and thus skipped.

(I just looked at the code again, and I don't see an obvious hole. Joel, if
you or someone else can give me a specific example, I'll investigate.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland