Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 07:28:16PM +0000, Reagan Blundell wrote:
> Yes, and I'm sure the 30 or 40 times a week I hear the word "Bitch" on
> TV and in the street is due people referring to canines. Given todays
> society, and the sort of culture that seems to be popular on many of
> the larger IRC servers, I'd be willing to bet that the creators of
> BitchX weren't referring to canines either.

Actually I always assumed it referred to the verb form:

       v : say mean things [syn: {backbite}]

That's what most people seem to use IRC for :-)  And bitchx was developed
as a "war client".  Somewhere along the way they lost track and decided
it should be a CD player...

Richard Braakman