Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 04:07:19PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
> > If an individual developer feels it's warranted, then by all means,
> > they can do so. But making it a Debian motto to do such is a bad idea.
> Oh, certainly.  I don't think we should have *any* kind of Debian
> policy on such things.

That is what free software is about: if you don't like a piece of
software, you are _free_ to send its developer a patch that fixes your
problem, and if you fail to convince upstream to include your patch, you
are _free_ to make your own fork.

In particular case of BitchX (I know that this thread is about a
different piece of software, but anyways), my workmate got bitten by
this beast (pun intended): after a talk on our private IRC server with
serous corporate client, his BitchX printed obscene quit message (some
stupid Beavis and Butthead humor). That makes me think that there could
be some use in putting a warning into bitchx desription in Debian?

--
Dmitry Borodaenko