Re: Debian joning OASIS?
- To: Mark Eichin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Russell Coker <email@example.com>, Mark Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Debian joning OASIS?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:13:51 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20020314011351.A31067@nevyn.them.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Mark Eichin <email@example.com>, Russell Coker <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mark Johnson <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- References: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20020311173338.904D922A17@lyta.coker.com.au> <[🔎] email@example.com>
On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 08:33:37PM -0500, Mark Eichin wrote:
> > If you can find one other Debian developer to pay $250 then I will vote for
> > the rest being paid for from Debian funds.
> Ok, I'll chip in another $250 for the first year, assuming that (1)
> the resolution [or whatever] passes, ie. this would be an earmarked
> donation (2) the secretary sends me the info on how to submit the
> money correctly and successfully. [I've found OASIS useful in the
> past just as a place to look for pre-invented wheels in the sgml/xml
> space, even before they offered to help out with DocBook...]
I wouldn't chip in any money myself (because I am uninvolved with
anything OASIS does), but I'd certainly support such a resolution - on
the condition that this be up for reconsideration in a year, of course.
With luck it will prove to be a worthwhile investment.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer