Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

>The issue isn't whether we should keep racist material out of debian. It's
a matter of providing software without racist material when people don't
want racist material, joke or otherwise. Right now, there is no way to
install bitchx without getting these messages. Contrast with fortunes,
where a seperate "offensive" fortunes package has to be installed if you
want it.
>Having racist jokes turned on "by default" reflects badly on debian, its
developers, and its users.

Perhaps we should move away from judging the quality of
the humour?

Surely there's no place for jokes in the software installation?

Aside from aspects of professionalism, almost all humour is
offensive to someone.